Saturday, February 23, 2008
How One Man is Changing the World
I don't know how many of you are familiar with Dave Ramsey, but he is a prime example how one person can make an enormous difference. He may single-handedly get Americans out of debt. My dad introduced me to him a while ago, but I was not all that receptive. Over time I have gradually heard more about him and once I was actually making a paycheck and looking at getting my financial future on track, I began to seek out more information. His philosophy helped my parents get to a better place financially and my dad was really wanting me to hear his message. So, today we went to a live event. Basically, it was a short seminar, but it mapped out what we can do to live better financially. He is so motivating and really has a heart to reach out and help people to get out of debt and get them on a road to living better and does it all with a Christian standpoint. He has authored several books and a class that a lot of churches have called Financial Peace University. He also has books to help parents teach their children and is starting outreach to teens across the country. I encourage you to take a look for yourselves and see what he has to say. I will answer any questions I can. If being "Debt Free" is anywhere on your life to do list, it may help you out. You don't have to agree with everything he says to really make some positive changes in your life. I am not sure what number it will be on my list for sure yet, but you can believe that I am making it a priority and can't wait until I can put a big fat check by it. Happy saving!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You know that a financial adviser is good if he can actually make you excited about saving.
They do his classes at our church and lots of people's lives have been blessed thanks to his wisdom and biblical perspectives. Glad you benefitted from the seminar! Good luck putting it all into practice.
Oh, and I hope you are feeling all better after your nasty flu!
Post a Comment