Friday, February 22, 2008

Days of Indecision.....Maybe

For whatever reason, lately I have been incapable of making a decision. What to eat, what to wear, should I buy, should I save, should I travel??? Tomorrow I am going to a Dave Ramsey Live Event and I am hoping to come out having a few things figured out, at least concerning my financial future. I want to save and plan for retirement but I don't know how or where to do it? CDs? Stocks? Mutual Funds? IRAs? HUH?!?!?!? Traveling has been on my mind recently but the thought of getting on an airplane again is somewhat sickening (I hate flying). So, do I let fear cripple me? Of course not. I still get on planes and I still go amazing places. (Watching the emergency landing of the plane in Miami over my lunch was quite gut-wrenching for me though.) I have had a running "Life To Do List" in my head for years now, but today I made the Decision to make it concrete. So, my new project will be my To Do List and I hope to be able to blog about them as I get them accomplished. I saw a quote today that really struck me-strangely enough I have never seen it before and today I saw it more than once- "Be the change you wish to see in the world" Gandhi. I really like it because I catch myself feeling like little ol' me can't really do much to change anything, i.e. voting, etc. But I don't want that to be true for myself. I want to make differences in my life. I really want to think about what I want for my life and, as a person who makes lots of lists, I want to make one that really counts. I hope I will have my dear friends along for my journey as I check them off.

No comments: