I sometimes wonder how many miracles that happen in a day that I either don't see at all or don't see them for their wonder.....Today was one of those days where I remembered how much I love my job. I see miracles every day that I go to work. Recently, we had triplets born, and we are waiting on two more sets of them and 8 sets of twins. All babies are of course miracles, but I am so awed by multiples. It is just amazing. I have been fortunate to have witnessed several deliveries of multiples - I remember a couple pregnant with triplets some months ago - they went in a couple and came out parents of 3. All within a matter of minutes. The set of triplets we have now are amazing even beyond just being triplets - they are identical!! It is just so stinking amazing. (I need another adjective) The parents apparently did invitro - they had 2 embryos they implanted - one did not survive and out of the other came identical triplets. How cool is that! One of our secretaries is pregnant with twins and I love to look at her belly and think about how there are 2 babies in there!! I am always awed by how God creates life and I am so lucky to be a part of it every day. I am blessed to have a job that I love, even on the bad days, and that I feel like my gifts are right at home. I wish that everyone could find such peace in their job.
On another note, I did see another miracle today, completely unrelated to babies. It snowed all day today. And by all day, I mean all day. I could only see limitedly, but I did catch enough to see quarter-sized snowflakes falling like we were in Blizzardville, North Dakota all with a backdrop of a setting sun. Only in West Texas folks. And when I was leaving, had I not seen the snow actually fall, I never would have known. Not a trace to be seen.
In the same way that I loved being entertained by seemingly insignificances, I love to be awed by the "little things" in life. I love the subtle ways that God nudges me to pay attention to all His wonders. And I love the big ones, too. I wish you all the joy of a Daily Miracle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hello. Found you on someone's blog...I'm not sure who. Christina, I think. What's going on? A NICU nurse. What a phenomenal job! I wanted to go into NICU for a while until I realized you can't pick them up and kiss them. :) It takes a special heart. You know you guys have reputations, right? You're known for being VERY possessive of your babies...of course, that's a good thing most of the time. Check back with you later. :) (Thigpen)
Post a Comment