Wednesday, October 24, 2007

TAG.....from oh, February

Ha Ha!! So, I just was doing some catching up on some friends and blogs and I saw that Christina had tagged me back in February to try to get me back to blogging. If I had actually replied in February it would have been out of a nursing book.....but since I just read it today I will do it for today.

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence
3. Post the text of the following three sentences.
4. Name the author and book title.
5. Tag three other people to do the same.

This is kind of weird.....but here goes....and I am unclear - do I start with the 4th sentence as part of the three or start with the 5th?

"She left it on the night table, for the truth was she did not know what to do with it, and there it stayed, unopened, for several days, until one rainy afternoon when Fermina Daza dreamed that Juvenal Urbino had returned to the house to give her the tongue depressor he had used to examine her throat. In the dream, the tongue depressor was made not of aluminum but of a delicious metal that she had tasted with pleasure in other dreams, so that she broke it in tow unequal pieces and gave him the smaller one. When she awoke she opened the letter."
From Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Marquez.

I don't know who to tag b/c I don't know who hasn't been tagged yet.

Funny thing about the book....my only familiarity with this work previously came the movie "Serendipity" and I thought it was a rather unknown of sorts b/c the cover is old and I think it was bought used in the movie. I guess my idea of "used" is unworthy of being kept. I always feel sad for "used" books, as if the reader didn't like them enough to keep the books. But as it turns out, the book is this great classic and Oprah's book club is bringing it to new readers, and there is also a movie to come. So, we'll see if it's worthy of its classic-ness.

No comments: