Can someone smart please tell me the point of the "Word Verification" portion of posting comments/signing in, etc.? I do not understand the point. I have wondered this for many moons now. It is time for me to understand so I can get on with my life.
The point of word verification is to eliminate computer generated spam from comments systems. It basically makes sure that the person posting a comment is actually a person and not a computer program. I used to see the comments sections on blogs flooded with obnoxious spam. The implementation of word verification has cut back on the amount of comment spamming I see these days, but it's still out there.
I am a NICU nurse, and I love my job! I am a traveling girl who lives for adventure. I love my family and friends, and I am looking forward to what the next "30" have in store for me!
2 comments:
The point of word verification is to eliminate computer generated spam from comments systems. It basically makes sure that the person posting a comment is actually a person and not a computer program. I used to see the comments sections on blogs flooded with obnoxious spam. The implementation of word verification has cut back on the amount of comment spamming I see these days, but it's still out there.
I knew someone had the answer!! Thanks!! Glad to know there is a legitimate point to it!
Post a Comment