With the release (FINALLY!!!) of The Little Mermaid on DVD tomorrow, I just wanted to post the question: what ever happened to the Disney Musical? They are staples of my childhood and it seems like they have evaporated. Kids today are not growing up with them. My brother and sister didn't even know what the Little Mermaid was. Are you kidding me? I sung Beautiy and the Beast and Little Mermaid and Lion King and Aladdin songs forever. I can still even though I haven't watched them in ages. (I stuck Aladdin in one day while I was doing homework and it still amazes me how good it is.) They are greats! Disney at its best. Granted there are some good animated films of late worthy of recognition - Toy Story 1 and 2, Monsters Inc., Little Nemo - totally love them. But where is that music? Those songs that are lyricism at its true height. I am so excited about Little Mermaid - I can't wait to belt out Part of Your World and Kiss the Girl along side the digitally remastered version!!!
In other news, busy week of school work for me. Not so fun. Bindy is home and she is doing great! No claws so she is far less destructive. She is getting her bounce back and she is my little shadow. She follows me wherever I go in the house. She is just the best!! I can't kiss her enough!! I guess next weekend is Homecoming. Wow! 5 years! I can't wait to see everybody. (I think Jamie and I have extra room in our hotel if anyone wants to crash with us!) Happy Monday everybody!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment