There is something about going to Abilene that feels like going home to me. I only lived there during college, a mere 4 years of my many more than that. I got to see people I haven't seen since before I went to Germany. Some of them I hadn't seen since graduation. I am amazed at the number of people that are now parents - some of them the only reference I have of them is as a college student and now they seem so grown up. It is always amazing to see the incredible things people have done - mission work, medical school, Ivy League graduate schools - some are already at the pinnacle of their field. I don't even have a field yet. My four years of college are such a blessing for me. Mainly because of the people that God brought into my life. The women that I am fortunate enough to know and love are the most amazing - wives, mothers, scholars, professionals, friends. I caught a small glimpse of how God has gifted some of the people in my life and how they in turn gift me. No matter where I go in my life, you will always be such a huge part of who I grow into.
______________________________________________________________________________________
So, I think I am going to give up Dr. Pepper (again). My one true love. Why are all the things I love bad for me? Ok, so not all - I guess people don't make me fat. But come on. My favorite things to eat make me fat. Why can't I have the most passionate love for vegetables? And for exercise. After the Army I just don't have a drive to exercise. I need it back. And I need to love vegetables. Anyone got any ingenious ideas?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment