Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My New Roomie





Her name is Bindy and let me just say could she be ANY cuter? So, I am no longer allowed to go to PetSmart b/c I come home with animals. I could not resist her. I named her for Steve Irwin's favorite croc (and daughter) but I spelled it with a 'Y' instead. She is the sweetest thing ever - so affectionate and relaxed. She was scared the first night at home but by the next morning she was all settled. The older boys (our other 2 cats) don't know what to do with her but she is certainly unphased by them. But she is all mine and I love her. The whole family is totally in love with her so she just eats it up. She is a motor boat - she does not stop purring. The vet laughed b/c he couldn't get her to stop and he couldn't listen to her heart. I am proud to be a "parent" and there is more to come of Bindy's adventures. Today she discovered the TV and she was so mesmerized. She sat right in front of it for 15 minutes and then she got back up on the couch with me and was still staring at it. She is so wonderful!! I love my Bindy Baby!!

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Hooray for someone else who is crazy about her cat! Bindy is adorable. I like the way her pink ears stand out against her dark fur. How old is she? I bet that you will have some good times with your new baby.

I had never seen that much of the Crocodile Hunter, but recently online I saw an interview with him on Conan O'Brien, and thought he was hilarious, and now I want to see more.

Hope your studies are going well!

Jamie said...

I can hook us with with free parking and free admission to see Pat Green on Saturday night if we work a United Way booth. You up for it? Concert is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. You interested?

Christina said...

The other night on Letterman- he was talking about some movie you can buy that cats just love...I don't remeber what it's called. Maybe you can google it. He said it was unbelievable how mesmorized his cat would get. I bet Bindy would love it -Cute name!

The Best Family said...

I am so sad as I read this post because just about 2 weeks ago, our kitty ran away... or maybe something worse, but I am trying not to go there. We had just given away her litter of kittens, and I think she was kinda mad at us, and we have not seen her since. We have had 'Katie the Kitty' (or 'tatie the titty' as she has been affectionately called) since Micah was little, and the boys ask about her everyday. Coby's chore is to feed her every day, and he still does it... every day... so her bowl runneth over, and it is beginning to attract the other neighborhood cats instead of luring her back home! But all that said, I love your sweet new roomie!