Tuesday, September 19, 2006
That which does not kill us....
Ok, so it's been a few days since my last exciting post. I have concocted (is that a word?) numerous clever blogettes in my head since then, but none have made it to fruition. And now I can't even remember them. So I shall fill you in on yesterday. It was an emotional day. I cleaned out my closet so that I would have a place for Bindy's box, which was previously in the middle of the floor. The bulk of the problem was that when my room was finally finished and I finally got to unpack all my stuff (a year later) I was so excited about seeing all my clothes that I was in total denial about how none of them fit. So they have been in my closet all this time taking up more space then I really had. And now they are all packed away and I can actually stand in my closet and Bindy has her own little corner. It was sad for me because 1: they are cute clothes and 2: I can't believe that I ever could fit in them. Any of you that have ever struggled with their weight know what a torment this can be. And if that wasn't bad enough the whole day I was preparing to take Bindy to the vet to drop her off for surgery to get her scratchers removed. I was really dreading it. So the moment came and I put her in her carrier - she was oh so not happy about that - and she has the most pitiful little meow. It just rips me apart. And we're there and the tech is checking her out and I mentioned getting her spayed at the same time (but I was told she wasn't old enough and that she has to wait until November) so that she only has to do it once. The vet comes in and says that she is big enough and looks at her teeth and says she is at least 6 months old (I was told 3) so they can do it. Relief for me. Then he says, oh she has tapeworms. What? It took him all of 2 seconds to see that (why didn't the other vet catch that last week?) And she has a fever so they can't do the surgery anyway, oh and she has a respiratory virus. I mean, somebody just hit me over the head with a big brick, please. (a tidbit of my animal history: all of this is distressing for any normal person who loves their animal but for me there is an extra worry. I adopted a dog in Abilene from the pound and he ended up coming down with Distemper. I had to put him down and I was a wreck for weeks. Then I finally got the courage to adopt another one and he ended up coming down with Parvo. He pulled through but it was horrible. So here I am years later and all this happens.) So my poor baby girl has ear mites, a respiratory virus, tapeworms, and a fever. Hello!?!? They gave me a onetime tablet for the tapeworms - that was fun - and I have to give her antibiotics. And drops for her ears. Overall she is doing much better - she has more energy and she has been eating a lot more. She is still sneezing a bit but I am hoping it will work it's course. Amazingly, she seems to still love me after all I put her through yesterday. I was a bumbling mess though. I kept apologizing to her and I think she understands. So we will try again next week. It's amazing how fast I attached to her and she to me. In other exciting news, my new bedding has arrived and is freshly laundered. I am going to try and put it on my bed today and I hope Bindy doesn't scratch it up too bad as she chases her tail at 2 in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
And people wonder why I don't have pets. I'm amazed you put that much effort into your cat. How did the vet miss so much stuff?
This is tough stuff. I hope that Bindy is doing a bit better by now and that you're hanging in there, too.
Nice bedding. There is something comforting about having a fluffy and pretty bed to fall into.
Post a Comment