
Thomas V. Linehan, 39, from Montville, NJ, was a Senior Vice President for Marsh & McLennan. He died on September 11, 2001, in the World Trade Center. He was the youngest of 4 older sisters, was married, and had 2 children. His sister said that the only way he would want to be remembered is by bringing a smile to someone's face. He was loved and adored by his friends and family, and he is greatly missed, even 5 years later.
I feel so distant from the huge number of people that were lost that day. I visited the Pentagon and stood in the room that is now a memorial where the plane hit. It was eery. I heard this morning that 1 in 5 Americans knows someone that was killed that day. I am one of the other 4, but we are all affected. How can we not be? That day is so clear in my mind that it could be yesterday. I wish the world peace and I hope that no one ever experiences terror like that in their lives. I hope that all that loved someone lost that day find a way to keep their memory alive and have peace in their heart. God bless us all.

2 comments:
How's school going? Want to help build a Habitat house this weekend?
Finally I found you my world traveling friend. I saw a comment you left on Summer's blog and I have been trying to hunt you down. How have you been? I take it that you are in nursing school- how far along are you? I just finished my OT program a few months ago adn man it feels good to be doen with school- minus the school loans kicking part- OUCH!
Post a Comment