Thursday, June 01, 2006

Meet the New "Husband"

So, summer school is in full swing. And I just have one word to say: Whoa. That's really all I can say. I have no idea how I am going to do it, but if I am scarce on blogger it is because I have been swallowed by my Pathophysiology book. It is big enough to eat me, I promise. I am sure we will have a long and happy life together......well long anyway.

On another note, do you ever have "Theme Songs" for periods in your life? Like, say you have broken up with someone and are devastated and there is this one song that just fits everything you feel? Well, it seems like I always find that one song that fits the time in my life to get me through. Whether it be love, broken heart, new adventure, self discovery, homesickness, etc. Well, the song for right now for me is a new Dixie Chicks song. It is called "The Long Way Around" - that is the theme song for my life right now. It talks about how my friends have settled down and I have taken the long way around and how "I never seem to do things like anybody else, maybe someday, someday, I'm gonna settle down." And "I always found my way somehow by taking the long way around." I mean, if I am doing anything in my life it taking the long way. "I'm getting it back on the road now, but I'm taking the long way around." I was totally blasting it in my car just a little bit ago with the windows down and singing at the top of my lungs. But it so fits me right now. Plus it is a great listen. And to sing loudly to! (sorry Melissa - I ended in a preposition)

And let me also just give a shout out to my 3 friends who had baby boys last week!! They could not be born to better parents and I am so excited for the love they will have in their life! They are all so precious and wonderful and I can't wait to meet them in person!! Congrats to the Turners, the Lewises, and the Joneses!!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am so blessed to have such a great friend to hang out with :)
(You can go "to" the tree, and "with" the tree, and up, around, over the tree - ha ha - dontcha just love prepositions!)