Thursday, May 04, 2006

Great Friends

Isn't it amazing how you can not speak to someone for more than 3 years and you get back in touch and it's like you were never apart? I have been blessed with people in my life that for whatever reason I have lost touch with and then circumstances allow you to meet and be together again and it's like there was never a gap. I recently had a birthday and as I get older, I am more aware of "time" and how fast we lose it. I am sad to have missed so much with my friends, but I guess we all have to grow in our own directions.

My friend Melissa took the time to make my day very special for me. I can't say I was all that excited about getting older, considering my station in life at the current time and how different it is from nearly everyone I know. But it ended up being a great day! Here is us after we stuffed our faces at a great little local place, which I think is my new favorite!! (Notice my "Party Like Crazy" Beads!!)



Thru blogger I have gotten to see old friends in their new lives - new husbands, new kids, new cars, new jobs, etc. It has been such a great thing for me. Even though so much has happened thru the years we were out of touch, we still find ourselves back at a place of friendship and love. Thank you Momo for being a true friend! I have so enjoyed our time these recent months getting to know each other all over again and spending time with you!! Thank you Sarah and Em for the cards!! It was so nice of you to remember and think of me (even though I know you had a little help!) I am so glad to be back "together" again!! GFE forever!! :) Love you guys!!

2 comments:

emily anna said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday... wish we could have been there!
E

Mel said...

I love you, James, and am SO glad to have you here!