Sunday, April 09, 2006
And the NEWS is.......
So, I am at the hospital yesterday working along and my mom calls me and tells me I have a letter from the Texas Tech School of Nursing and do I want her to open it for me. So, dilemma: do I say yes and I get in and am ecstatically happy or I don't and cry all day at work or do I say no and wonder all day long what it says and have an eternal day at work? I told her to go ahead and open it (stomach falls to feet and heart rate multiplies by 12) I swear it took her like 2 years to get the envelope open. And she reads the following words, "The School of Nursing appreciates your interest in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program. [obligatory courtesy inserted we can now give you the information you have been waiting months to hear] However, [oh that dreaded word] the School is unable to extend you an offer of admission at this time. [I think at this point my heart just stopped beating altogether] However, [are you kidding me?] we would like to place you on a waiting list for admission into the TTUHSC Nursing Program if any positions do become available." So, that's it. Waitlisted. Not good news, but not bad news. I am not rejected but they want me only if someone doesn't want them. Nice, eh? So, apparently I rank pretty high among the losers. They say they will notify me in writing before May 26 whether or not I have a spot. But in the meantime I have to keep my calendar open for the dates that are scheduled for new students. So, my life is STILL on hold and I STILL have to wait. Which for me, is the hardest part -- not knowing. I can't plan my summer or fall and I just get to stress about it that much longer. And let me tell ya, I am exhausted from stressing about it. But I will accept this and move on. Because there's nothing else I can do. Something will turn up. A window is bound to open one of these days because a lot of doors sure have been shutting lately. It's all part of the journey, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
BUMMER Dude
Didnt you apply to another school?What about the MSN/RN program for second degree students?
You can move here. I sound out I will be here in Milw 6 months past Alan with my Army call up
Post a Comment