Monday, March 20, 2006

Miracle Workers

So tonight on ABC at 9 is this show called Miracle Workers. It is so stinking good. I totally encourage you to watch. I watched it last week, and let me tell you, I was weeping. WEEPING! There were 2 patients: one was a little boy about 5 I think and his spine was crooked and some of his lower ribs were fused together. He was the cutest. The other was a 19 year old girl with Tourette's. She was so amazing. She had a job but couldn't drive or go to school. Her ticks were constant and she had actually started hitting herself and pulling out her hair. So they fixed the little boy's spine but in the middle of the surgery it looked like he might be paralyzed. So the doctor just had to stop the surgery and wait and see if he got function back. It was crazy. And for the girl, they found the spot in her brain and inserted some probe with an electric pulse or something. They had to find the right setting of voltage and her ticks got worse and worse and then they just...stopped. It was unreal. I just can't imagine going through your whole life like that. And you know how kids are -- and people just stared at her. How can you not? It was crazy. I don't know how she and her parents just didn't cry every day. I don't remember what's on tonight, but these doctors are amazing and the patients are so brave to just go out there in front of everyone. I know I am probably a little more zealous than most b/c of my interest in the medical field, but it really is a good show. Very touching.

My other favorite shows: Amazing Race and Grey's Anatomy. Love them!!!!!

In other news, back to school today. Bleh. Major wind today, like 61 mph. I seriously could not walk in a straight line on campus today. The wind would catch my backpack and I would get practically picked up. Blowing dust too. Nothing new. Just another day in Lubbock. I have been sitting here for like 5 minutes trying to come up with something else of interest. And.....nothing. Not a single thing interesting in my life. I have no thoughts on life I guess. Nothing funny or frustrating happened to me today. The day was just....there. So, I will leave at that. Wishing for a more interesting Tuesday....

1 comment:

Mel said...

Here's for a more interesting Tuesday - a date with me!