Monday, March 27, 2006

Check it!!

Do you see my new map? Isn't that the coolest? Are you impressed with my technical skills? I am!!

My next challenge: clip art (and still working on that whole picture in my profile bit)

Anyone catch Miracle Workers last week? It's on tonight!! Right after Super Nanny -- which is really good too! It's not a show I normally watch but I have been catching it b/c it comes on before MW. I myself will be studying for an Anatomy Test -- doesn't that sound fun?

I went to Austin this past weekend. Got to go to the river and hang out by the water. Loved it!! It was the most beautiful weather while I was there. I MISS the outdoors so much -- I was ALWAYS outdoors when I was in Europe. I went running and biking and canoeing and swimming and skiing and of course we walked everywhere. I am going crazy in Lubbock -- there aren't any parks or water (I don't count playa lakes as water) that it is nice to walk and be outside in. Of course dust was never an issue in Europe. There was this awesome park in Frankfurt that had a running track around the outside that was like a mile and 1/2 around and it was grass all in the middle and people were always laying out or playing soccer and doing stuff. It had a fantastic view of the skyline when you came around this corner. And it was right by the botanical garden. It was great. And the town that I lived in had all these trails through the woods that was on the river and my friend and I used to always ride our bikes. Lubbock just doesn't cut it for me. How am I going to make it through nursing school? Of course another question is will I even get in nursing school? I am so ready to just know. But that is a whole other issue that I won't bore you with. Bottom line is I am really missing Europe right now. Bad.....Alas.....

Oh, and last week on the Amazing Race they went through Frankfurt. Everything in the airport and the town I have seen -- I was at that airport all the time. And they all had to drive to Stuttgart, which is like a 3 hour drive (kudos to them for getting on the autobahn and making it through German traffic signs). I spent sometime there too. It was so crazy to see them somewhere I knew so well. It was like when that one season they ended in Fort Worth. How crazy was that? But I digress....I love that show!

1 comment:

faith said...

ok i was reminded by a friend that i suggested we start a blog. and i well slacked off to toher do other items in life- family, school, army.

I do miss the trails in Europe and the farms dotted thruout the city. A quick escape from it ALL.