Monday, April 27, 2009

Spring Days

It has been nice to actually experience a spring season. In Texas is seems to go from semi-winter to summer. I am glad my dad and step-mom were able to come visit me for a few days while the cherry blossoms were blooming. It was crazy crowded but it was good to play tourist for a few days.


The Supreme Court - we actually got to go inside and sit in the room where they hold hearings. It was pretty cool.

Hey good lookings!!

The Capitol

Jefferson Memorial - this is where most of the cherry trees are. It is one of my favorite memorials and it is so nice to walk around the water surrounded in the trees!

WWII Memorial

View from Lee Mansion at Arlington National Cemetery

By far, the coolest thing I have seen since I have been here was the Changing of the Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns. It is hard to explain, and hard to understand, I think, without some sort of experience in the military. People in general have no clue what it takes for those soldiers to get to that point in their career and I find it totally fascinating. My dad was in the Army too, so we were able to relate to each other and talk about the experience. It is not something my dad and I get to do everyday, so it was neat.







Do they give a Nobel Prize in Photography? (nudge, nudge)




Photobucket

1 comment:

Raina said...

That last photo is really cool. You should enter it in a contest!