My Grandma visited me for Christmas when I was in Seattle and we drove up to Vancouver to spend our holiday. I got a pretty good deal on a 5 star hotel and boy did we get a white Christmas! If you can ever get a bargain price on a fancy hotel I totally recommend it!!! It spoiled me forever!
Some views from The Lookout...
The Steam Clock (and The Lookout in the back)
Where we stayed
We went to this cute little island that had a great market and some great little shops. It was quite fun navigating through all the snow!
Me and my cute Grandma
Just 10 minutes or so outside of Vancouver is Grouse Mountain, a small little mountain with a great view of the city, at least that I have seen in pictures. You have to ride a big cable car up to the mountain and it was cloudy over the city. So we got a great view of the clouds that covered the city.
It's such a cute little mountain!
Next we drove up to Whistler/Blackcomb, the site of the Winter Olympics 2010. It is so cool! We could have had better weather and a longer stay but this place is UN-believable! It's ginormous and has everything! I am saddest that I wasn't able to go back and experience more of it. If you want an amazing snow experience this is the place to go. The Olympics definitely chose it for a reason.
The view in both directions from our hotel at Whistler.
Overall it was a great trip and a fun way to spend my Christmas with one of my favorite people! I saw more snow than I have ever seen in my life and I got to go to one of the most awesome ski resorts!

1 comment:
What hotel did you stay in when you where in Whistler? It looks like the same one Jeff and I stayed at when we where there last summer!!! SO nice!!
Post a Comment