Thursday, September 04, 2008

Just Wondering....

Has anyone bought their tickets to Seattle yet? :)

No, really I was wondering if anyone has any experience with GPS systems for your car? Any tips? Any thoughts on which one is the best? My dad thinks I can get by with a good ol' paper map, and I think I could too, but I am just a little intimidated by a cross country drive.

Also, for those that have had the pleasure, what kinds of things should I plan to do while I am there? What are the hotspots? I know the Space Needle and Pike's Place Market, but does anyone know anything to do that is not so "touristy"? One thing I am looking forward to is getting to know cities beyond a tourist's perspective - I just thought I would hopefully get off to a good start.

And, if anyone has had any changes to their address please let me know. I want to make sure I have everyone up to date before I go - otherwise, you will not be getting a Christmas card from Seattle!!

One more....has anyone ever traveled with cats before? I have only taken my so far as the vet - a big 10 blocks away - and they are not so much fans. Some people have mentioned sedating them but I am a little uneasy about that. But if it's going to ease their stress with the whole thing then it may be necessary. Just wanted to get some more thoughts on this....

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I like the new look for your blog. It's very cheery!