Friday, August 29, 2008

Big News in My Little Life

Well, folks.....I hope you're sitting down. Because do I have news. No, I do not have a date, nor am I engaged, nor am I pregnant, nor am I in any danger of any of those things. I have not won the lottery, and I was not discovered by a big Hollywood producer or asked to star in his upcoming movie. I was not informed that I am being honored with a Nobel Prize, nor have I won the Best Nurse of the Year Award. Brad Pitt has also not called to tell me that he wants me to be the mother of his next child(ren) and George Clooney STILL has not asked me to go on vacation with him at his villa in Italy. Ok, ok.....enough stalling.....I'm MOVING!!! I will only be a resident of Texas for 6 more weeks, and then it is off to Seattle! I have taken a travel nursing position in a town called Kirkland, WA, about 15 minutes outside of Seattle. I will be driving myself with my 2 kitties in tow. And boy, are they excited!! (They just don't know it yet!) This is what I think is a great start to my travel nursing career. There are so many places I want to go and this is the best way for me to do it. I am young, unattached, and there really aren't any good reasons not to. I am so excited that Seattle is my first stop - I have never been there, I have wanted to go for forever, it is close to Vancouver (which I have also wanted to go to for forever), there is water (my #1), there is skiing nearby, there are views of Seattle from across the lake on one side and Mount Rainier on the other. I am so excited to spend my Fall in Washington!!! Here are some pics from where I will be in a few weeks! (And anyone is welcome to visit!!)








You can see the skyline of Seattle across the lake....

It's hard to see, but you can see Seattle all lit up....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! THAT IS SO EXCITING!!! I can't believe you are really moving?!?! Will I ever see you again?

Raina said...

Wow! Good for you! You better make sure to update your blog about all your adventures in travel nursing! I have to travel vicariously through you and others.

Elisa said...

How exciting, Jaime! I pray that you have safe travels and enjoy all of the new places you'll see. Be sure to take lots of pictures for us!

Unknown said...

Seattle?! Wow! That is amazing, Jaime. I'll need to come visit!

Becky said...

Congrats!!! I LOVE Seattle... actually I love the Pac Northwest altogether. I've been to Portland numerous times but only to Seattle once but loved it!! What an amazing opportunity for you! I can't wait to hear about all the wonderful things you will experience in this new season of your life!!