Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Tooth Talk

I have just returned from the place dreaded by so many...the dentist. I have to say that it is just so bizarre to have one side of your mouth be numb. It takes deliberate thought and movement to coordinate all the parts of my mouth to form a word. I feel like my bottom lip is sticking out like 2 feet. And I keep thinking that my tongue is swelling. I think the most unpleasant thing for me is the sound that those crazy tools make as my whole head is reverberating. I guess I should have listened to Laura Bush this morning when she said the best place to listen to your iPod is in the dentist chair. I was thinking though as I was sitting there that I am glad that my mom always took me to regular appointments when I was young. Because now, even though I know it will probably not be my idea of a good time, I don't have great fear about going. I am also glad that God gives us all different gifts and desires. Because let me assure you, I can think of about a million places I would rather be than up close and personal in someone's mouth. But I am sure there are tons of people that would say that about what I do. Well, I would love to say that I am off to eat some breakfast, but I don't think I want to risk it.

1 comment:

Christina said...

I am not a fan of dentitsts either-I just get a shady feeling from most of them. I mean it's so easy for them to rip you off. You walk in for a regular check up feeling fine and leave with 5 cavities and how can you argue it? :)