Friday, February 15, 2008

Flu, Flu Go Away

Well, I got it. The bug that apparently is going around everywhere and seemingly out-smarted the flu shot. I have been required by occupation to get my flu shot for the past 6 years and I got paid back in dividends. I have been in bed for 4 days. And the kicker - just when you think you are getting back to normal it lets you know who is really in charge. And that would not be me. I rented some movies today and was totally wiped before I even got back in my car. I have finished watching the seasons of The Office and I have watched 3 movies just today. I am always aware of all the things in the house I would like to get done but am usually too tired b/c of working, but it is rather tortuous to want to get stuff done, be at home to do them, not have the energy to stand and have to look at the very thing you want to get done. It is somewhat easier to spend 13 hours at work and come home to it and talk myself out of it. I have had some good cuddle time with my kitties though. I am always amazed at the irony of never wanting to get out of bed at that oh-so-early-hour to go to work - my bed is quite heavenly - and then now I would love to be able to feel good enough to go to work. I am tired of feeling neglectful of most aspects of my life. I admire so much you people that find a way to love and care for husbands, jobs, kids, churches, and friends. Clearly, I have work to do.

1 comment:

Elisa said...

Caring for the health little babies is quite impressive, too. I sure hope that you are feeling better by now.