Last night was crazy at my house. Totally off the wall crazy. I was awakened in the middle of the night by my phone ringing. I didn't get to it in time to answer. At almost the EXACT same time the smoke alarm in my bedroom started going off. Not the kind of going off that happens with smoke but it was 3 really loud beeps that kept repeating and then pausing. So it paused and both my mom and I hadn't really woken up enough to realize what had happened so we tried to go back to sleep. At that moment my phone rings AGAIN. They asked for Michaela and I told them they had the wrong number. He then started to ask me a series of questions along the lines of who I was and I still hadn't woken up enough to realize what was going on and I said that he had the wrong number and hung up. And I laid back down. I had just gotten to sleep when the smoke alarm went off AGAIN. So mom comes in and is like "Maybe it's the battery." So I climb up there and she hands me a new battery and I put it in. Then we both go back to bed. And not a minute later my phone rings. (ARE YOU KIDDING?!?!) Again a # I don't recognize but different from the 1st one and he asks for somebody other than myself and I told him he had the wrong #. He then said "So you're not a realtor?" Uh, NO. He then asked me if I was black or white. I said "What DIFFERENCE does it make, you have the WRONG NUMBER!!" Oh my word! Who are these weird people who apparently don't sleep when it's dark? So I lay back down. And just as I am getting relaxed again, yep, the smoke alarm goes off. I was seriously on the verge of cursing (out loud, anyway) and I climb up there again to look and see. I read the back of the alarm and it says 3 repeating beeps with pausing: ALARM. Uh, no duh? But WHY!!!!!! WHY WHY WHY!!! So, I disconnect the thing from the ceiling and go to bed. Our house did not burn down and no other alarms went off, so I don't know what the deal is. But that was totally not cool. Hopefully I can get some alarm-free sleep tonight.
But on a fun note, I got an email today from my nursing program coordinator and she told us that we get laptops and PDAs issued to us for school. We have to give the laptops back but we get to keep the PDA. How fun is that? Happy Hump Day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Laptop, nice. There are perks to giving up your life for a year.
Post a Comment