Let me just say wow! August is here! In like 34 minutes! I continue to be amazed at how fast time goes by. I start Nursing School in 2 weeks! I've been waiting and working toward this for over a year now, and it's just around the corner. Now I am scared! In my life I have made choices of where I am going to take my life and then it comes time to take the walk and I get scared. But never too scared! I just jump on in and see where I end up! I am so excited about what kind of doors this will open up for me - traveling nursing, a good paycheck, independence, having a job that makes a difference - it is going to be a tough year though. Like insanely busy. I am going to quit both of my jobs because they ask you not to work because of how demanding this program is....it will be so weird not working. But I guess I will be working in other ways. I am so ready to start, that way I can finish. This is just the beginning for me in lots of ways. So much in my life is kind of on hold until I can finish school. I am ready to press "Play" on the remote control of my life!!!
So August 1 is my grandma's birthday. And I would like to tell you just a little bit about one of the 2 most important women in my life. She is amazing. She raised 5 kids pretty much on her own and has worked so many jobs throughout her life. In her later adulthood, she went back to school to become a nurse, after not having had any school in 35+ years. She is now retired, and lives to love life. She takes dancing classes for fun and travels all the time and makes beautiful quilts and just has an amazing spirit! I will forever love her for coming to visit me in Germany and I am so glad we saw Italy together!! She is beautiful and I admire her and love her so much! Happy Birthday Grandma! (When I was like 8 or 9 she decided she didn't want her birthdays any more and that I could have them. So, technically I guess that makes it MY birthday! But I have reached an age where I don't really want them any more either.....anybody want a birthday??)
This is a whirlwind time for so many people in my life. New babies, new homes, new jobs, new travels, change is all around. Fall is approaching, well maybe not any time soon, but I love the colder weather. And for me, there has even been a lot of old friends coming back into my life. I just never can wrap my brain around how much things change and the amazing adventures life can bring. Or perhaps I just need to go to sleep. So, I guess lots more of thoughtful, or maybe thought-less, ramblings of a sleep depraved nursing student to come. Smell that? The winds of change are in the air......or it could be dirt.....I do live in West Texas....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment