Let me just say that twice in the past week I have overheard my brother, who is 11, tell himself in the mirror that he was "sexy." This morning he turned to me and said, "don't you think I'm sexy?" I told him that 11 year olds can't be "sexy" and he said they could if they looked as good as he does. Where is my baby boy???? And who is this pubescent-egomaniac? He is very proud of his underarm "hair" and is constantly commenting on how fine girls are. Um, excuse me? Isn't he supposed to think that girls have coodies? He starts middle school next year as a 6th grader and I think being around the older boys and girls is only going to make it worse. How did we ever make it through puberty? I don't remember being that, um, raging (hormone wise). Is it because he's a boy? Did I miss the other boys in junior high raging? Maybe because they weren't raging after me. And did I mention that Lubbock ranks like #2 in Clamydia for the 15-24 age range. And we're #7 in Syphilis I think. In the country. That is insane. I guess that's all the kids have to do around here. I do not envy the job parents have these days. God bless you all. Because it is one crazy world.
I will be "mom for a weekend." My mom is out of town and I get to play mom and cart them around to birthday parties and friend sleepovers and baseball games and all that fun stuff. It will be fun and I love them to death but it will be nice to be a single non-parent again on Sunday. 4 more lectures to go for the semester!!! I am on the count-down!! Happy weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi girl! Take him up to the hospital and make him look at all of the babies- that might do the trick! I wish you could go to dinner with me, mo and sarah tonight... we will save you a seat! :)
em, you're so sweet!! I wish I could be there so much!! We will definitely have to get together soon! And I wanted to tell you that your pictures of Claire and you and Jeff are too cute! You look fab, girl!!
Post a Comment