Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ordinary Stuff

So, life has been busy lately. I recently picked up another job and I wasn't quite prepared for the impact it would have on my life. But I need the extra money to start getting ready to pay for nursing school (fingers crossed I even get in!!). It will be at least another month before I even find out if I get accepted and it is a very competitive selection. Who knows what they are looking for....I am just ready to be in school and start getting it over with. Classes are ok--nothing great or wonderful. Just trying to make it through. My Micro professor hasn't said anything lately that has wigged me out which is good. We have to pick topics for an oral presentation in lab and I chose beer. I thought it would be fun to learn how the industry uses microbiology to make beer. Later in the semester we are going to make some ourselves. I thought it would be more fun than say the e bola virus or bird flu or an STD or something depressing....beer is just beer. So later on I will be able to tell you everything you want to know about beer. I know you are all just on the edges of your seats waiting for it....on another note....today I came in to my office and a last minute meeting had been called. Turns out that 2 of our higher ups don't have a job anymore. The powers that be evaporated their positions. So needless to say, our whole office is in shock wondering how this all happened and what it means for the future. It all came down to money--and it was easiest to chop 2 heads at the top. It's all just causing a lot of waves throughout the office and we are all trying to make heads or tails of it. But tonight I am going to a Lady Raiders game so I am looking forward to that. They are always a lot of fun. I got a new computer and I am still trying to get it all set up. It is not hooked up to the internet yet and I am trying to figure it all out. And you all know how adept I am at the technical stuff!! :)

And something useful that every one should know: every 6 months you should take out your lint collector from your dryer and wash it with hot soapy water. Apparently, fabric softener sheets cover it with a film that cannot be seen and air cannot get through. That causes your dryer to overheat and can burn out the motor thingy or even catch your dryer on fire!! I had noticed that our dryer had been smelling like something was burning and didn't know what was going on. I got an email telling me to wash the thing and so I tried it and it totally worked!! I pulled the collector out and put it under the water and it just pooled right there on top. It was so crazy because you can't see anything. So then I scrubbed it with soapy water and then the water just went right through it! And now our dryer doesn't smell like it's about to catch on fire and the clothes dry so much faster!! What a great little piece of info!

No comments: