Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Meet Chanel


Bloggers, meet Chanel. Chanel, meet the bloggers. This is my friend Chanel who I met when I was in Germany. (I lived in Germany for 2 1/2 years while I was in the Army) She is a dear friend to me and I miss her a lot. She will be leaving in a few days to go to Kuwait to protect and serve. She is a strong girl and I know she will do just fine.

I have been lucky in my lifetime to have known some amazing and special women. Chanel is one of those. I have also recently gotten back in touch with a dear friend that I have unfortunately been out of touch with over the past few years. Through her, I have caught up on events in other friends' lives that I have missed out on. It is amazing to me how far we have come since those months in 1997 (wow, has it been that long?) when we stepped foot on the campus of ACU and began to spread our wings. I still feel like mine are spreading--like I am still yet to fly. There is a line from my favorite Wicked song,"Because I knew you, I have been changed for good." I love the double meaning of that phrase, and for me it applies to a lot of people. I can think back to a lot of times where someone has changed me "for good." I am thankful to be back in touch with old friends and to have new ones that make a difference in my life.

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am thankful that you are back in my life, too. What a blessing you are to me!