So, here are a few little things that have been going on in my life....
1. I worked my first official day in the NICU. Not as a nurse, but as a secretary. In January, I should start as a Nurse Tech, which will lead me straight on into nurse in August. I love it love it love it there!!!! I am working there a lot over my break too!
2. I am moving out of my house! Yay!! I don't know how many people know that I have been living at home since my return to country. i8888888888888888888mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm(that was Bindy's contribution to my entry) :) It was not my first choice but it was necessary while I was in school. And while I'll still be in school until August, I think I can make it work. Jamie and I will be roomies and we are both excited about having a house! I am sure one of us will post pictures eventually!
3. I started my 1st IV today!! YAY!! It has been the thing I was most nervous about b/c I know it can be really painful and I don't want to hurt anyone of course. I am not an expert or anything by any means, but it was really cool to do it. My hands are "holey" now from people practicing too. But I would feel jipped if I didn't have the day of IV starting to talk about. It's a staple of nursing school. And I am also glad that we can start practicing in clinicals now.
4. My semester will be over on Thursday. I have 2 biggo tests on that day back to back and then I can breathe. It will be nice to have reached the official 1/3 point. I will be babysitting and working and moving over the break so I won't be bored but I am very much ready for a school break.
5. I finished my 1st rag rug. It is pretty cool if I say so myself. I would post a picture but I am not sure that it would really translate. But Bindy approves I guess b/c she lays on it all the time. And speaking of my lovely little one, she is great! I love her tons! I am going to drive to the metroplex after Christmas and I am planning on taking her, so hopefully she will do good on her first road trip!
Well, I guess that's about it. The days are flying by and I am trying so desperately to stay on top of life and be able to enjoy my favorite time of year. I am anxious for the new year b/c that means I will be in the year that I graduate from Nursing school!! It won't be "next year" anymore. But I also don't want it to get here too quickly either. I hate getting older!!!!!! My mom likes to remind me that I am "pushing 30." Yikes!! 2 weeks until Christmas!! Hope everyone is enjoying the season!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you and jamie m? why haven't I heard this? are you moving in with her or are yall getting a place? WHAT WHAT WHAT???? I have to hear about this on a blog???
That's great! You girls are going to have fun. Love the kitty pic by the way.
Post a Comment