Sunday, October 29, 2006
I LOVE the NICU
So Friday was the big day! I was exhausted after a long day of clinical on Thursday, although I did get to see a crazy thing at the bedside! We ended up with a patient who had fluid in her brain and the neurosurgeon came in and put in a shunt. And it didn't go through the whole in her ear if you know what I mean. I will save you from gory details but it was pretty amazing. Anyhoo, Friday was so awesome!! The nurse I was with was taking care of quadruplets (two girls and a boy - they lost the other little boy on Thursday). So there was three of them all in the same room and I cannot even tell you how amazing they are. I loved every single minute and I did not want to leave. My favorite thing is their toes. You cannot even imagine how small their toes are. I really can't explain how much in my place I felt! It was a huge morale booster for me and it reminded me of why I am pursuing this crazy nursing thing in the first place! I LOVED IT LOVED IT LOVED IT!!!! I can't wait to start working there!!!!!! I pray that God will find me a job in the NICU come next August!!! Because without a doubt that is where I want to be!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I had 2 babies that spent some time in the NICU, and it takes a special person to work in there. Mine were generally healthy babies, just in there for observation because they were early, but there were some babies in there that would fit on the palm of your hand. And some that dont make it... so sad! If that is where your heart is, you would be an awesome NICU nurse!!
Post a Comment