Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Lovely Tuesday

So today I drove my sister and my cousing to Abilene to rendezvous with my grandma so they could have a few days in Fort Worth with her before school starts. Here are some reasons why today was a lovely day:

1. There were cotton ball clouds everywhere. I love them. They are so white and fluffy and it seems like you could just bounce from one to the other.

2. I got to hug my grandma.

3. I love to sing at the top of my lungs when I am in the car. No one can hear how bad I am and it is just plain fun.

4. When you're the only one in the car, you can sing both melody and harmony.

5. I got to eat at one of my favorite places: Hickory Street Cafe

6. On the way home, all the clouds were white, but I drove under two gray ones along the way that were raining. I had 2 little mini-downpours even though it was sunny and beautiful outside.

7. I am going to get margaritas with Momo after she gets off!

8. Hickory Street take out - YUM!

9. Being in the car gives me good thinking time that I may not have otherwise b/c I am so busy.

10. Gone With the Wind is on the way from Netflix! I've never seen it - now I just have to find the time to watch it.

11. Looking at Jamie's pics of Europe. Oh, how I love you Prague......

Hope you all had as lovely a Tuesday.....

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Ah, random rain on the road when the sky around all you is blue. That's happened to me on two of my last three drives to DFW.

So, the other comment on my blog today is from some dude in Scotland. How random (and somewhat scary) is that?

Mel said...

Oh, weren't the margaritas wonderful (long time coming, but totally worth it!) Gotta love Chilis...

Elisa said...

Hey Jaime! I forgot all about the Hickory St. Cafe. Love that chicken salad.

And you have the right attitude for taking a long road trip. I'm trying to brace myself for a ten hour drive on Friday to see my brother & fam, but I've got some books on tape and will try to sing and enjoy thinking time, too. So it looks like you're working on becoming a nurse? That seems like a great profession to go into. I'm glad I found your blog so that I can check up on you!

Take care, Elisa Jessup