Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Big Sky

Ok, so I know it's been a while since I have blogged. And all of my faithful readers are so curious as to what is so great and wonderful in my life that I have neglected my Journey-al. Well, it starts with a P and ends in -athophysiolgy. Fun times are to be had indeed when you crack the book of the wide world of "what is wrong with our body today?" I still haven't heard about school - anytime now - I mean seriously. But I did have something I wanted to share tonight. It is late and I stink - more to come on that......I finished my test tonight and I walked out of the Health Sciences Center and I was acosted, literally, by the brown air that had so aggregiously landed on our humble town. It was those wonderful straight line winds that come before a storm and pick up everything in their path. And I thought man, I was supposed to do something tonight. Well, I got to do my something anyway. It was not even 30 minutes later that the sky began to clear and I was on my way. I was driving around the loop and it was so beautiful. Toward one direction we had the sun setting, and then in the other we had the storms that had just passed us. There was half of a rainbow and the sky was that blueish-gray of a downpour with the sun shining on it from the West. The moral of the story: I love how big the Texas sky is. That is something I truly missed when I was overseas. It just never did seem like I could see as far as when I do in Texas. Only in West Texas can you have a dust/rain storm and then 5 minutes later you have a rainbow and a cool breeze. What was the something that I was doing you ask? I was riding horses. And I got bucked. My face hit the saddle and I broke 2 freshly manicured nails. I cut them off when I got home and I have a scratch on my face, but I love the old brut (or young buck I should say) anyway. I love to travel and see big cities and explore ancient ruins, but I'm a Texas girl and I sure do love to ride. And even though I don't want to live in Texas, I guess that little cowgirl will always be a part of me, and I can let her out every now and then.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Where dud you ride horses? Can I come next time? :)

Mel said...

I mean "did"

Jaime said...

A friend of our family has them. I would love for you to come! I had 3 kids with me yesterday, otherwise I would have asked you to come!